Source: http://www.gotquestions.org/judgment.htmlThere are two separate judgments. Believers are judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ (Romans 14:10-12). Every believer will give an account of himself, and the Lord will judge the decisions he made—including those concerning issues of conscience. This judgment does not determine salvation, which is by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9), but rather is the time when believers must give an account of their lives in service to Christ. Our position in Christ is the “foundation” spoken of in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15. That which we build upon the foundation can be the “gold, silver, and precious stones” of good works in Christ’s name, obedience and fruitfulness—dedicated spiritual service to glorify God and build the church. Or what we build on the foundation may be the “wood, hay and stubble” of worthless, frivolous, shallow activity with no spiritual value. The Judgment Seat of Christ will reveal this.The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire (v. 13), and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27), how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9), etc. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. “So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” (Romans 14:12 ).The second judgment is that of unbelievers who will be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). This judgment does not determine salvation, either. Everyone at the Great White Throne is an unbeliever who has rejected Christ in life and is therefore already doomed to the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12 says that unbelievers will be “judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” Those who have rejected Christ as Lord and Savior will be judged based on their works alone, and because the Bible tells us that “by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified” (Galatians 2:16), they will be condemned. No amount of good works and the keeping of God’s laws can be sufficient to atone for sin. All their thoughts, words and actions will be judged against God’s perfect standard and found wanting. There will be no reward for them, only eternal condemnation and punishment.
Sunday, June 26, 2016
Monday, April 18, 2016
Sunday, April 17, 2016
The 7 Churches of Asia Minor are actually a reflection of the church through the ages in seven themes (that are also particularly relevant to the End Times and the impending rapture of the Church).
A Covenant Between God, Moses and the Hebrew People
Here, God makes his first official declaration that God shall be the God of the Hebrew People:
"I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians." (Exodus6:7)This has great repercussions for the rest of salvation history. Not only will God take in the Hebrew People as his own, but this is a foreshadowing of what was to be created by God: the Church of God. And, in this action, God takes as his beloved bride, the Hebrew People and, later, the Church.
Fast Forward - The Songs of Solomon
The Songs of Solomon are quite possibly the most romantic and "mushy" books of the Bible. And, quite frankly, it reads like a love letter from a husband to his wife.
The Husband is God. The "wife" is the "People of God" and at the time the book was written was specifically for the Jewish people and conveyed God's undying love for his "bride" (again, the Jewish People).
Of course, having a wife would require the traditional treatment of love and the Songs of Solomon are a testament to that love. Later, the bride wold also include, not only the Jewish People, but also the Church. For it is written:
The Remnant of Israel11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”[b] 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened, 8 as it is written:“God gave them a spirit of stupor,eyes that could not seeand ears that could not hear,to this very day.”[c]9 And David says:“May their table become a snare and a trap,a stumbling block and a retribution for them.10 May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,and their backs be bent forever.”[d]Ingrafted Branches11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
Paul goes on to state that the Church (as well as the Jewish People) were the Bride of Christ. (The Christian-Jewish schism started during the lifetime of Jesus' ministry on earth. The early Christian Church had been a mix of Jews and gentile believers. God never intended that his Holy Church should be split between Jews and gentiles but because of the disbelief that continued, the split came anyway. And, with an exploding gentile following, more church buildings were needed for meetings). However, Paul finishes Romans 11 with the statement that the Jews would eventually be saved and new this as God had confirmed it by the rise of the 144,000 Jewish emissaries that God would provide Israel in the last days).22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree! (Romans 11: 1-24)
The Bride of Christ (Jesus refers to Himself as Bridegroom & Uses the Parable of the 10 Virgins)
Jesus spoke that he would leave his bride (the Church) and that during that time, the Church would fast regarding his death and ultimate assumption into heaven:
Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast." (Matthew 9:15)Also, Jesus mentions the return of the Bridegroom and the "readiness" of the virgins in time for the Supper of the Bridegroom ("Marriage Supper of the Lamb"):
The Parable of the Ten Virgins
25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’
12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.Jesus says that we do not know the "hour" when he will arrive. We understand that in the End Times Jesus makes TWO great appearances. The first time is during the Rapture of the Church where Paul writes that the Church must be ready and prepared to leave on a moment's notice (this includes living a good, moral life):
Having said this, Paul instructs the Church to be prepared for the impending arrival of Jesus. The rapture of the Church will take place at a time and hour which no one knows but only the Father in heaven. (Matthew 24:36)1 Thessalonians 4Living to Please God4 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.9 Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 10 And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.Believers Who Have Died13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
Church Readiness & the 7 Churches of Asia Minor
In Revelation, Jesus speaks to the 7 Churches of Asia Minor. Each of these Churches face challenges in some respect. Those challenges are applicable to the Church today in some way and Jesus addresses these issues:
First, John greets the 7 Churches with the magnificence of Jesus who conquered death and hell and who now holds his churches in his hands as lampstands. Remember the number 7 represents holiness and perfection as well as the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit which are perfect in every way. (John 1) The seven gifts (or virtues) of the Holy Spirit is an enumeration of seven spiritual gifts originating with patristic authors, later elaborated by five intellectual virtues and four other groups of ethical characteristics. They are: wisdom, understanding, counsel, knowledge, fortitude, piety, and fear of the Lord (wonder).
Jesus addresses the churches in their present predicament and chastises them for their failures:
Church of Ephesus: The fight against spiritual wickedness and the lack of love for God.
Church of Smyrna: The fight against afflictions, poverty, persecution and slander.
Church of Pergamum: The fight against the City of the Devil, idolatry and sexual immorality
Church of Thyatria: The fight against false prophets, idolatry, Satanism and idolatry
Church of Sardis: The fight against spiritual zombism (or being apart from the Holy Spirit)
Church of Philadelphia: This Church is alive in Christ but still faces Satanism and the Lord has promised them victory over this adversary.
Church of Laodicea: This Church is neither hot nor cold for the Lord in Spirit. It's a lukewarm regard and therefore, this Church faces the problem of being "too rich" for needing God, but their spirits are impoverished and they need God desperately but do not realize it.
The promises of overcoming the shortfalls are awesome: Not only will these Churches be "Rapture Ready" but also, the rewards for being ready are even greater than this! Here is what the Jesus promises to his Church if they persevere in the way of living and in the relationship they have with God:
(1) The right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. (Rev 2:7)
(2) Will not be hurt at all by the second death (Escape from hell). (Rev. 2:11)
(3) Some of the hidden manna (spiritual riches, nourishment and knowledge) and a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it (a renewed life with a new name - a restoration of a new and spiritually prosperous life with God). (Rev 2:17)
(4) Authority over the nations— that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’. (Rev. 2: 26 & 27)
(5) One who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. (Rev. 3: 4&5)
(6) I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. (Rev. 3:12)
(7) The right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Quite possibly one of the most awesome promises - Rev. 3:21)
Furthermore, Paul writes of 9 other gifts his Church can apply in everyday life which are given to God's children:
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines. (1 Corinthians 12: 7-11)In Conclusion
The gifts we get from the Holy Spirit are only half of the gifts that are promised as virtues. All-in-all, there are these 7 gifts we receive for remaining faithful to God as his IMMEDIATE reward to his children. However, the ultimate gift is the one which we await until God send Jesus so that we can meet him in air (1 Thessalonians 4:17)...
AND WE WILL BE SAVED - BECAUSE WE ARE PREPARED!
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Has the USA become the next Sodom & Gomorrah with the passing of the Equality of Marriage Act? That is a good question. And, will the Christians be persecuted when the clergy refuses to perform ceremonies that involve same sex marriage couples?
The question may very well be yes but not simply because of this one particular sin of homosexuality. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because there was a litany of sins (PLURAL) and God provided his destructive judgment against the cities for this "list of grievances".
Same Sex Marriage - Today
Refusal to provide "services" in such ritual wedding rites have already happened and the militant homosexual reprisals have begun to take shape. And, the news articles describe the tragedy American Christian businesses and churches are facing because of the Bible's condemnation of homosexuality and their refusal to act in complicity with their sins.
Millionaire Couple Is Suing Church to Hold Their Wedding
Christian Baker Sued for Refusing to Bake for Gay Wedding
The matter has gotten so out of control it has become tragically comical. These actions would be akin to a Neo-Nazi Group suing a Jewish singer to perform songs at a Nazi rally. Obviously, "freedom of religion" in the United States should be protected under the the First Amendment. Government deciding whether people acted "rightly" or "wrongly" with regard to matters of faith is a very slippery slope and will only lead to a quagmire of political and religious chaos and fighting.
There can be little doubt that the Bible no longer has any real meaning for society at large and many so-called Christians do not share (or believe in) the same principles and teachings that Jesus and his Apostles (particularly Paul) had on matters of morality and keeping of God's laws, teachings and precepts.
So, what are the consequences of not following the teachings of God's laws, teachings and precepts. As we learned from history, the answer is judgment.
What Were the Sins of Sodom and Gomorrah and Why Were These Cities Destroyed?
Sin of Inhospitable Behavior
Reading Genesis chapters 18 and 19, we see that God refers to an "outcry" and to "sins" but the writings in this section does not detail what the transgressions were. However, we do see that there are other places in the Bible and other religious writings that the sins are enumerated.
However, the Talmud and Seffer YaHashar recount the many sins regarding the way that Sodom and Gomorrah treated visitors and strangers to their cities. In several instances, using a Sodomite bed, strangers who were too short for the bed were "stretched" to fit it and those who were too tall were cut to pieces.
In yet another circumstance, a visiting girl was covered with honey and hung from the city walls until she was eaten by bees. Being a particularly gruesome crime it is no wonder that God heard an "outcry" against the people of the city. It is even possible that the guardian angels appointed to the people there may have also complained about the behavior of the inhabitants.
Other Sins Are Indicated by the Prophet Jeremiah, Amos, Ezekiel and Jude
Lying, adultery and strengthening the hands of evildoers are the other transgressions mentioned in the Bible. (Jeremiah 23:14) In another passage, God witnesses the women inhabitants of Jerusalem (like Sodom and Gomorrah) oppress the poor and crush the needy. (Amos 4:1-11) Ezekiel even wrote that God saw the women as arrogant, haughty gluttons, and "unconcerned" (apathetic or lacking empathy) for others, did not help the poor and needy, and who were idle and engaged in sinful conduct much like the women of Sodom. (Ezekiel 16: 49, 50)
Jude wrote of the fornication committed in Sodom and Gomorrah for which God also condemned the cities. (Jude 1:7)
While "other sins" may have not been fully enumerated elsewhere, it is generally considered that the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah extend beyond the list given here. These may also include murder, theft, blasphemy just to name a few sins and iniquities committed therein.
Acts of Homosexuality
No doubt God and his angels witnessed the sins of homosexuality and the resident men of these cities spoke plainly of their desire to engage in homosexuality and homosexual rape. Both of these sins - the sin of homosexuality - is condemned in the Bible. (Leviticus 18:22) It is understood that the sin committed by men in the practice of homosexuality also apply to women.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. (Romans 1:26-28)Even though the writings concerning the homosexual topic in the conversations is apparent, it was important to have been included in the account of the destruction of the cities in order to convey to the reader the depravity of the behavior of the residents. When God gave these people over to shameful lusts, God was allowing them to choose evil. Of course, God was also keeping track of the sins because sin is treason against God and must be answered with justice or through the forgiving grace of Jesus.
Exhortation to Avoid Judgment
Of course, Moses issued the following warning to the nation of Israel:
Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and the diseases with which the LORD has afflicted it. The whole land will be a burning waste of salt and sulfur—nothing planted, nothing sprouting, no vegetation growing on it. It will be like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboyim, which the LORD overthrew in fierce anger. (Deuteronomy 32:32,33)Later, this became the case when the Hebrew people went into captivity and the land had become to be known as a wasteland. It wouldn't be until 1948 when the land of Israel was noted as blossoming with life. This was promised by the Prophet Isaiah:
The desert and the parched land will be glad;
the wilderness will rejoice and blossom.
Like the crocus, 2 it will burst into bloom;
it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
the splendor of Carmel and Sharon;
they will see the glory of the Lord,
the splendor of our God.
|The ashen ruins of Sodom. Nowhere can vegetation be seen growing in this plain since its destruction.|
Jesus in the Bible also indicates a future time of destruction likening his Second Coming to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah:
"Likewise as it was in the days of Lot—they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom fire and sulphur rained from heaven and destroyed them all—so will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed." (Luke 17: 28-30)
Those who are innocent will be saved from judgment just as Lot was when he obeyed God. Those who acted sinfully paid a very dear price - especially when the people would not turn away from their sins and repent of them.
Historical & Current Behavioral Choices & Policies of the United States & Judgments that Followed In 7 Year Increments (or Shemitahs)...
In a landmark ruling in 1963, the Supreme Court banned Bibles in the classroom.
In 1966, (a Shemitah year) United States ramps up the Vietnam War, demolition of the structures to erect the World Trade Center starts. The Civil Rights Movement gains momentum. The Sexual Revolution gains momentum. In 1969, the Gay Rights Movement begins.
In 1973, (a Shemitah year) United States loses the Vietnam War, construction finishes on the World Trade Center and Roe vs Wade is decided by the United States Supreme Court legalizing abortion.
In 1980, (a Shemita year), the Savings and Loan Crisis begins ushering in the Great Recession of 1980. AIDS hits the United States.
In 1987, (a Shemita year), the Stock Market Collapse of 1987 happens. Wall Street erects the Heavenly Bull on behalf of the stock markets.
1994, (a Shemita year), the United States sends forces to the Persian Gulf and does not win the war. 4 terrorists are convicted in the World Trade Center bombing. In 1999, the Columbine Shootings set the course for several more school shootings.
2001, (a Shemitah year), the World Trade Center falls.
2008, (a Shemitah year), the 2008 Financial Meltdown is greatest in US history.
2015, (a Shemitah year), the United States Supreme Court passes Equality in Marriage for all 50 States.
Several Startling Facts About the Current Level of Morality in the United States
- Approximately one-third of the entire population of the United States (110 million people) currently has a sexually transmitted disease according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Every single year, there are 20 million new STD cases in America.
- America has the highest STD infection rate in the entire industrialized world.
- Americans in the 15 to 24-year-old age group account for about 50 percent of all new STD cases each year.
- It costs our nation approximately 16 billion dollars a year to treat our sexually transmitted diseases.
- According to one survey, 24 percent of all U.S. teens that have STDs say that they still have unprotected sex.
- One out of every four teen girls in the U.S. has at least one sexually transmitted disease.
- It is estimated that one out of every four girls will be sexually abused before they become adults.
- It has been estimated that 89 percent of all pornography is produced in the United States.
- One survey discovered that 25 percent of all employees that have Internet access in America visit sex websites while they are at work.
- In the United States today, more than half of all couples “move in together” before they get married.
- America has the highest divorce rate in the world by a good margin.
- According to the Pew Research Center, only 51 percent of all American adults are currently married. Back in 1960, 72 percent of all adults in the United States were married.
- For women under the age of 30 in the United States, more than half of all babies are being born out of wedlock.
- At this point, approximately one out of every three children in the United States lives in a home without a father.
- In a massacre that is almost unspeakable, more than 56 million American babies have been slaughtered in this country since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.
- About one-third of all American women will have had an abortion by the age of 45.
- Approximately 3,000 Americans lost their lives as a result of the destruction of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11. Every single day, more than 3,000 American babies are killed by abortion when you include all forms of abortion.
- The United States has the highest abortion rate in the western world.
- It has been reported that a staggering 41 percent of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion.
- Most women that get abortions in the United States claim to be Christian. Protestant women get 42 percent of all abortions and Catholic women get 27 percent of all abortions.
- According to Pastor Clenard Childress, approximately 52 percent of all African-American pregnancies now end in abortion.
- One very shocking study found that 86 percent of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience.
- Department of Homeland Security report that was released in January 2012 says that if you are “anti-abortion”, you are a potential terrorist.
- Some abortion clinics have been caught selling aborted baby parts to medical researchers.
- The number of sexual assaults in the U.S. military is at an all-time high, and the majority of them are male on male.
- America has the highest incarceration rate and the largest total prison population in the entire world by a wide margin.
- In America today, there are 60 million people that abuse alcohol and there are 22 million people that use illegal drugs.
- Right now, there are 70 million Americans that are on mind-altering drugs of one form or another.
- Children in the United States are three times more likely to be prescribed antidepressants than children in Europe are.
- In the United States today, prescription painkillers kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined.
- America has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire planet.
- According to the federal government, the number of heroin addicts in the United States has more than doubled since 2002.
- The number of heroin-related overdose deaths has risen 84 percent just since 2010.
- It is hard to believe, but 56 percent of all Americans now have “subprime credit”.
- Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese. Mexico is #2.
- According to a recent Pew Research Center survey, 60 percent of all Americans believe that “humans and other living things have evolved over time”, while only 33 percent of respondents rejected this statement.
- Nearly one-fifth of all U.S. adults have no religious affiliation whatsoever. Back in 1972, only 7 percent of all U.S. adults had no religious affiliation.
- The number of Americans with no religious affiliation has grown by 25 percent over the past five years.
- The younger you are, the more likely you are not to be affiliated with a religion. 9 percent of all U.S. adults that are 65 or older have no religious affiliation, but a whopping 32 percent of all U.S. adults under the age of 30 have no religious affiliation.
- 88 percent of those that are religiously unaffiliated “are not looking for religion”.
51 percent of all U.S. adults believe that churches and other religious organizations “are too concerned with money and power”.
- 66 percent of all U.S. adults believe that religion is “losing its influence on American life”.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the number of Americans with “no religion” more than doubled between 1990 and 2008.
- A study conducted by the Barna Group discovered that nearly 60 percent of all Christians from 15 years of age to 29 years of age are no longer actively involved in any church.
- It is being projected that the percentage of Americans attending church in 2050 will be about half of what it is today.
- One survey conducted a while back found that 52 percent of all American Christians believe that “at least some non-Christian faiths can lead to eternal life”.
- According to LifeWay Research, 46 percent of all Americans never even think about whether they will go to heaven or not.
My Findings (based on my own life experience):
- Most Americans don't have time to read the Bible (even once a month).
- Teachers of morality are mocked regularly and condemned for speaking out against immorality.
- Euthanasia is becoming more acceptable.
- Sexual relations are acceptable outside of marriage.
- Moral outrage is on the decline.
- Keeping the Sabbath holy no longer a concern for most American workers.
- Satanists in Detroit unveil pagan-headed goat next to the 10 Commandments.
- There is a movement against immigration.
- Food stamps and healthcare have been cut or denied to the needy.
How can a nation both expect God to bless it while walking in a direction away from God? How can a nation in moral decline expect to escape judgment. America has time to make a conversion in morality. It's not too late.
America still has time.
Friday, June 26, 2015
It is said in the Bible, in the last days of human governance on earth (apart from God) that there would be a "great falling away" before the Great Tribulation. Apparently, with the ruling of the Supreme Court, that time, on the doomsday clock, just got a little closer.
The Bible is very clear about its own teachings. We have much of this indication from the writings of Saint Paul. Here's what was said in those letters:
We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me. (1 Timothy 1: 9-11)
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4: 2-4)
Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. (1 Titus 8-10)
What more does the Bible teach on marriage and homosexuality?
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)
Another verse, "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman. That is detestable." (Leviticus 18;26)
But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”(Mark 10: 6-9)
This is why Christians constantly claim that marriage (based on this Biblical principle alone) exists only between a man and a woman.
Continuing onward, the Bible exhorts the reader obey God and not humanity. As the Apostles clearly were recorded as saying:
"We must obey God rather than human beings!" Acts 5:29This is not only a direct understanding that Christians must do 2 things:
(1) Teach what is right and what the laws, teachings and precepts of God are;
(2) Resist sin (even if it is institutionalized or demanded of a Christian in any given situation).
The Bible goes on to state the following that there is ultimately a penalty that must be paid by an unrepentant sinner:
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:27)And, furthermore, the Bible states that WRATH is reserved for those who will not listen to his laws, commandments, teachings and precepts:
Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6: 9-10)
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. (Colossians 3:5-6)But, there is a way to save one's self from that coming wrath. This is the solution: to proclaim Jesus Lord and Savior over one's own life; to acknowledge his death for the forgiveness of sins and to attest to his resurrection:
...and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath. (1 Thessalonians 1:10)There is still time to make a change. Perhaps the change will come as a willful change or by the angry hand of God. There is still time to decide.
By: Michael Hathman
Friday, June 6, 2014
The saying, "Papers, please." was a common statement made by Nazi Police who patrolled the streets of Nazi Germany. The routine stopping of pedestrians by policing authorities was considered "routine business" and part of daily life. If the papers weren't in satisfactory order, there's no telling what would have happened to the person once they were placed under arrest.
Apparently, the Republican Party likes the idea. Indeed, having people produce "proper identification" is part of the plan to disenfranchise more Americans when it comes to voting or receiving public support. The best way to get rid of the liberal poor is to deprive them as much as possible in every way possible in order to extend the eroding power of one political party in favor of another.
A Coming Police State?
Passing Voter ID laws, or laws that require the citizenry to have ID at all times, even if stopped by police, places a restriction of movement on a free, democratic society. The more restrictive and draconian the laws placed over the people, the less free a society can remain. Voter ID laws inch the United States ever closer to a "Police State" and restricts the movement and access of Americans to essential services and movement in general.
Voter ID laws, once passed, could be the "set up" that destabilizes democracy. In fact, the greater control and intrusion of government into the lives of its citizens may the only a "stepping stone" to a government that is bought and sold by the affluent and with the powers of "dark money" by the super rich and wealthy elite who may not have an interest in defending freedoms as much as advancing items on their own personal agenda.
Voter ID Cards may only be a milestone toward total control of the populace. Forgetting ID cards and cards being lost, stolen and/or used in the commission of an ID Theft crime is still a challenge. But, making personal RFID chip implants that carry the information of the implanted person (along with their ability to buy and sell) would make the perfectly PERMANENT type of ID that stays in the body would be ideal to a policing authority. There is no way a person could ever forget their ID - because it is a permanent implant.
Getting People Accustomed to the Ability to Provide ID ALL the Time
If a government can constantly promote and "desensitize" their citizens to the idea of having an ID, making it an essential "must have" for daily living, this would be the beginning of getting people to "accept" government's idea and it's "supposed and self-assumed" authority to impose ID requirements on the unsuspecting public. With ID power to track citizens, the government can accumulate and use that information for greater control - even to assume greater levels of power over its people.
Total Acceptance & Total Submission
Voter ID Cards could be the "pin hole" to RFID use. As Smart Cards grow in use, the government will see using a "smart chip" would give them the power to track the citizens. This would lead to a greater erosion of privacy and less freedom of movement in a "free" society.
Voter ID Cards required for any transaction (including cash transactions) would definitely infringe on any American's right to privacy - especially with regard to buying or selling. Any person who would knowingly attack the government or a government official may find that their ID Cards are worthless and they would not be able to "buy or sell" except those who had the card. Such governmental power would virtually strip the populace of their power to protest government actions and policies. This would leave citizens helpless against the power of the state.
Voter ID Cards: A Pathway to RFID and the Mark of the Beast
If Voter ID Cards are the pathway to accepting RFID, then America may be in for even more of their rights to freedom of movement, privacy, protest and economic powers being substantially stripped away - and possibly altogether obliterated.
Indeed, the old saying is that he who has the most money makes the rules is true. If Voter ID is a gateway to mandated RFID Identification standard, this could easily be used by the government as the ultimate "weapon" to strip away the power of the people. Indeed, to make things even easier, for the merchants who cannot afford chip reading equipment right away and to implement a "total control" system as fast as possible, it may be faster to use the RFID chip and a tattoo or mark of some type that is visible to the eye on the right hand (the one which we use to take oaths) and or the forehead (the place were all thinking occurs, our brain that makes us uniquely who we are as a sign of ownership by the state).
A One World Currency Controlled by ONE MAN
Worse off, if America should ever lose its world reserve currency status, our nation may find itself at the mercy of a one-world currency (not minted in America) but minted elsewhere by other foreign powers who mandate that, in order to use the world currency, the populace must be chipped in order to participate, buy and sell. Chances are, that currency would be managed by foreign powers and one man at it its core - the World Central Bank.
Revelation's Warning Concerning the Mark of the Beast
"It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark which is the name of the beast or the number of its name."
- Revelation 3: 16-18Saint John's warning also went further:
"And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name."
- Revelation 14: 10-12Conclusion
No doubt, tougher ID laws make it tougher for citizens to carry out their civil duty and to get desperately needed and essential services from their government. In fact, giving the government too much power in requiring citizens to carry ID all the time is a restriction of freedom and, most likely, will come at a cost or a hefty fee which would be an undue burden for many citizens who struggle everyday financially.
A Voter ID law may also be yet another "gateway" to even more aggressive ID policies pushed by government officials and agencies leading us ever closer to mandatory RFID implementation. If those chips were ever linked to buying and selling, the citizens will be powerless and at the mercy of their own government. Any protest or public disagreement with government officials over matters of conduct, action or policy will be met with economic sanctions against that person. As a nation, more laws, more mandates, more ID laws means a FAR LESS FREE society.
If Voter ID laws and ID laws in general is the strategy to gain even more power over the populace, it's working. There has been and will continue to be a dark conspiracy against our republic to undermine our basic freedoms and Constitutional rights.
Ron Paul on National Voter ID Card:
CBS News 2017:
Monday, June 2, 2014
Paul Harvey made this speech several years ago and it made me ponder as to the possibilities. I think it is amazing what Satan and the fallen angels have on their agenda - and it is frightening. In fact, as a predominately Christian nation, we have let the enemy run rampant and, there seems to be no end in sight.
Here's what Paul Harvey has said about the Satanic agenda that is coming to pass in our own country right before our eyes. Indeed, there is no hope for our nation once we believe that morality is reduced to a mere matter of opinion instead of being grounded in Biblical truths.
FACT: God's greatest arch rival, Satan himself, has only TWO missions. (1) Dethrone God by making himself revered as God; (2) Separate from God - in every way possible - away from the people and angels he created by way of the tools of sin and rebellion.
Here's what Harvey says about the workings of Satan:
1. To engulf the entire world in darkness. According to the Book of Revelation, he succeeds in totality, but only for 7 years, according to the Revelation of the Bible.
2. Take over the United States (the last great bastion of Christianity).
3. Subvert the Churches first with a "Do As You Please Mentality".
4. Get the young to believe that the Bible is a myth.
5. Get people to believe that man created God and NOT vice verse.
6. Get people to believe that immorality is more acceptable than moral behavior.
7. Produce literature and movies promoting all sorts of wickedness and immorality.
8. Peddle narcotics wherever I could.
9. Sell alcohol to everyone.
10. I would over medicate people into tranquility.
11. I would divide families against themselves.
12. Have families at war with themselves.
13. Have nations at war with themselves.
14. Have churches at was with themselves.
15. Have sensational tv media cover those same families, nations and churches.
16. Refine the intellect of the children but let emotional discipline be disregarded.
17. Fill the schools with metal detectors and drug-sniffing dogs.
18. Overfill the prisons.
19. Have judges promoting pornography.
20. Evict God from the courthouse, schoolhouse and Congress.
21. Substitute psychology for theology in God's own Churches.
22. Have priests abusing boys and girls and stealing from the collection plate.
23. Make the symbol of Easter an egg and Christmas, a bottle.
24. Give to those who had and take from those who want until the ambitious are no more.
25. Promote gambling as the way to "get rich" quick.
26. Caution against hard work, patriotism and moral conduct.
27. Convince the young that marriage is old-fashioned and swinging is more fun.
28. Lure the people into bed to catch diseases for which no cure exists.
29. Keep on doing what he's doing...
But why stop there? As the Devil, I could do EVEN MORE...
30. I would encourage gun rights - so that more guns can fall into the wrong hands - into the hands of criminals.
31. I would have kids take guns to school and other public places and go on shooting rampages. This way, I can drive a wedge in between God the the families of the victim into believing that God isn't the answer anymore.
32. I would fill the news with all types of stories of violence and scams.
33. I would encourage others to lie, slander and libel their neighbors - especially good Christian people who are working against me.
33. I would teach the banks to lie, cheat, steal and defraud the public and their own investors and investors who buy their commercial paper.
34. I would encourage conflict between nations and by all ways necessary.
35. I would have people blame God for my evil deeds (even though I am the one who really is to blame - me and my henchmen - my fellow fallen angels.
36. I would have people believe in another type of Christianity that is designed to break God's rules and to deny God and God's Son Jesus their divinity.
37. I would have people teach that the Devil and Hell isn't real (even if they are mentioned in the Bible).
38. I would get more people to believe, like me, that God is a tyrant.
39. I would teach that true freedom is apart from the "rules" of morality and law. That by being God, your decisions determine whether or not - ultimately- your actions are moral.
40. I would have judges make rulings that are not based on Bible teachings.
41. I would teach people that just speaking the name of Jesus is dirty and that to do so makes you a "Jesus Freak".
42. I would make it to be socially unacceptable to be a Jew or Christian.
44. I would have politicians deny people healthcare and food assistance while having them give the super rich tax breaks.
45. I would promote famine, plague and disease throughout the world in order to separate more of humanity from God.
46. I would make homosexual marriage acceptable - even if the Bible condemns it.
47. I would no longer have people care for the sanctity of life and have politicians allow the unborn (who are simply an inconvenience) to be aborted - even though the Bible has God saying, "I knew you before you were born."
48. I would have people begin adopting a double standard on moral conduct.
49. I would make corrupt organizations appear upright and ethical.
50. I would promote a world government which would be federalized under the power of one man.
51. I would promote a world religion which would be unified under the power of one or two men.
52. I would make everyone in the world worship me or be put to death for failing to do so.
53. I would make everyone take a mark on their right hands or foreheads to show me allegiance and they would be prohibited from buying or selling until they took this mark. Furthermore, the mark shall be given to those that take an oath to worship only me and to forever repudiate God and God's only Son, Jesus.
54. I would have the people engage in every kind of immoral and sexual misconduct as much as I possible could. I would encourage adultery, every kind of sexual debauchery, incest, sodomy and molestation.
55. I (or my henchmen) would possess the weak to further terrorize families and communities.
56. I would encourage every kind of divination, mediation, spiritism and act of occultism I could.
57. I would have people deny the truth.
58. I would have phony people impersonate Jesus and lead people into darkness.
59. I would raise up false teachers to teach every kind of falsehood imaginable.
60. I will do all this. I will prepare the people for my ultimate coming and domination.
I AM THE BEAST... AND THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING AND WORKING TOWARDS NOW. HELP ME IF YOU ARE WILLING. IF NOT, STOP ME IF YOU THINK YOU CAN.
Most of this is already happening. Be mindful and on guard. Evil can only come to one thing: destruction.
Contributor: Michael Hathman